09 October 2010

Scrap Basket Quilt




On a Friday evening when Miranda came to spend the night she asked to make a quilt for her doll, Helen Nicole. I was tired, so I simply gave Miranda a few instructions and let her go to work. Using a newspaper we made a pattern for the quilt size. Then with a 3x5 card and other size patterns Miranda chose, cut and arranged the fabric. Saturday she started sewing the pieces together. When that step was completed I helped Miranda cut flannel for the lining and backing. We took turns sewing, turning and sewing. When the quilt was finished I was sorry to see it go. It is darling! Miranda is learning quickly.

1 comment:

Aunt Theresa said...

This is a great looking quilt. So pretty! I bet Miranda loves it. It is so wonderful of you to spend time with her!