11 July 2011

To Anna and John


Thank you for celebrating this special day with Anna and John. I have prayed for this day and am delighted that it has finally arrived.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Sarah. Anna, Erin and I were dorm-mates in college. Over the past ten years God has strengthened our friendship through the joys and the hard times of life. I am thankful that in His providence God brought our lives together.

In the Biblical account of David and Jonathan we read that their souls were knit together and that they loved each other as their own soul. That is the rare friend that Anna has been to me. She dropped everything to come to my rescue whenever I needed. I am confident that she will be an excellent helpmeet to John.

It makes my cup run over with joy that God has provided Anna with a husband.

Homer put it well when he wrote,

“may there be accord between you both: there is no gift more solid and more precious than such trust: a man and woman who conduct their house with minds in deep accord, to enemies bring grief, but to their friends bring gladness, and above all- gain a good name for themselves.”

Please raise your glass and join me in a toast to Anna and John

“May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you”



No comments: