03 March 2011

Sewing

Miranda wanted to make a blanket and she wanted to make it in one night. Here is our finished project after 2 1/2 hours of work. Miranda was happier than what she looks in this photo!



While looking through items on Etsy I saw a cute camera cord cover for sale. It gave me the idea to make one of my own. Thanks to my friend Anna for taking the photo. To make the camera strap I cut a piece of fabric using the measurements from my strap. I added an inch to the length and doubled the width adding 1 inch again. Then I cut a piece of batting using the same measurements. Place the batting on the wrong side of the fabric. Turn the short edges in then fold in half lenghtwise with right sides together. Sew the long edge, turn and cover your strap.


This tag play mat was made for a new baby with the help of her three older sisters. The instructions are from Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule.




2 comments:

Aunt Theresa said...

Darling projects Sarah! Your talent and creativity always inspire me.

April said...

I'm always a little envious... they are great Sarah!