09 August 2010

Surgery Update

In the morning Dr. Ryan Figg completed a resection at Sarah's ileostomy take-down site. He reported seeing some scar tissue from past surgeries, but otherwise everything looked well. At the take-down site, there was only a 1 centimeter opening where a normal opening would be 5 centimeters.

The first question Sarah asked during recovery: "Do I have an ileostomy?" No, praise the Lord! She is very thankful she was healthy enough to bypass this procedure.

At 4:00 in the afternoon Sarah took her first walk! We'll take more walks tonight. We = Anna and Sarah. I'm here doing my residency in Sarah's room. I'm camping out until Wednesday night, or until she comes home, whichever is sooner.

Please pray for Sarah's quick healing and speedy release from the hospital.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear Sarahs surgery went well "Praise the Lord" - Anna she is in very good company with you staying with her - God has also blessed you 2 with a precious friendship - thank you for the updates and may God Continue to Bless you and watch over that very special young lady!!! Love ya Sarah (Love you to Anna) In Christ, Karmen

ramona said...

Hey, I did that first walk! With the help of the pca and the iv pole. Sarah was still a bit drugged, but wanting to go home, so lets walk.

Sarah Tressia said...

Sorry, Ramona, I didn't word that right. It sounded like I took her but I didn't even arrive until 5. :) We just took another walk at 8:30, right around the nurses station!