29 May 2012

2012 Reading

 I have actually read a book this year!  Matt was reading aloud to me, which I think is wonderful.  However, I had not completed a book in over nine months.  
The past couple of days I was able to put my feet up and read  
Parenting by the Book 
 Matt and I had been reading A family of Values which is also by John Rosemond.  That book was incredibly helpful to us!  It said in calm, unemotional terms what I was trying to say through tears and frustration.  It brought such relief to me for my husband to clearly read what I was struggling to explain.

Parenting by the Book is a condensed version of A Family of Values and explains the same principles using Biblical references.  
I highly recommend it!

"'Grandma's Home School Character Curriculum' was a powerful and uplifting experience, for sure.  She endowed her children with respect for others by teaching them good manners...She taught them task responsibility by involving them in household responsibilities.  She insisted that her children accept accountability or social responsibility, for their behavior...by expecting them to solve their own problems, entertain themselves, do their own homework, and even devise their own playthings, Grandma all but ensured that her children would develop a resourceful attitude toward life's challenges."
~Parenting by the Book by John Rosemond

No comments: