16 April 2011

Rice and Chicken Sausage

Last month I house-sat for friends who had a case of Miller Chicken Sausage in their freezer. When I read the ingredient label I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sausage is something I can eat.

Rice and Chicken Sausage

In a medium saucepan combine 1/3 cup rice with 2/3 cup water and bring to a boil.
Allow to boil for one-two minutes.
Add a generous amount of Turmeric and if the sausage is frozen place it in the pan at this time.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Slice sausage and mix with the rice. Season with sea salt and pepper.

The package states that the sausage is gluten free and after contacting the company I received confirmation that the sausage without cheese is casein free.
Click here for the link to their website.

1 comment:

Aunt Theresa said...

That looks so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.