03 December 2010

Wyoming























My trip to Wyoming began with a stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska. The book The Lieutenant's Lady by Bess Streeter Aldrich begins at those two cities. Since it is a favorite book of mine I wanted to make those cities part of my trip. I spent time in the historic downtown of Omaha and walked the pedestrian bridge over the Missouri River.

On my way west I also stopped at the birthplace of John Wayne, toured Wind Cave and swam in a natural spring pool.

While in Wyoming I had a terrific time visiting Theresa and Emma. We went to Rapid City, SD to shop one day and also drove to Buffalo, WY to get a closer look at the Big Horn Mountains. However, mostly we stayed warm indoors and crocheted. For Thanksgiving Theresa baked a gluten free turkey and I made gluten free pies. A friend of Theresa's came with her husband for dinner. During my stay Theresa's husband repaired a foot stool of my mom's that Knightly had chewed. It looks brand new.

On my way home I stopped at Wall Drug and at the giant green statue. Those are places we stopped when I was eleven and my family went on a trip west.

1 comment:

Aunt Theresa said...

We miss you!
Look at all those awesome hats you made while visiting...and such lovely flowers!
Great pictures.