10 November 2010

Happy Birthday USMC!

Today the USMC is celebrating it's 235th birthday. The following is a re-post from last year.


The United States Marine Corps was founded at Tun Tavern on November 10th, 1775.

My Uncle Rene retired from the Marine Corps and my brother Matthew served four years as an active duty United States Marine.

Matthew wrote the following letter during that time.

"Dear Friends,

Hello, I'm writing from my seat on a Boeing 767 as I start another great adventure in my life, Operation Iraqi Freedom III. In approximately 15-20 hours I will be in Kuwait, and then on up to Falluja, Iraq where I, part of the greatest fighting force in the world, will begin 'peace' operations. I say 'peace' knowing that it is no more than all out war. Cowboys vs. Indians, it has been part of the world since sin entered, and it will go on until Jesus comes back with the greatest fighting force, which I already am a part of, as well as all of you. I am proud to be able to claim that in the hardest battle man can know, the battle for his soul, my father, mother, sister, brother and friends stand shoulder to shoulder with me. In the war that matters most, WE have already won.

Love to all, Cpl. Potter, Charles M., United States Marine Corps"

"There is no better friend and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."


Happy Birthday and thank you to all who have served in the USMC! Thank you to all veterans and those serving in all branches of the military including my Grandpa Joe and my Uncle Randy who served in the Army and my brother Jacob who served in the Air National Guard.


"When you go home, tell them for us and say: 'For your tomorrows, we gave our today.'"
Fifth Division Graveyard Sign, Iwo Jima

1 comment: