Last night Matthew and Josiah's room smelled like something was smouldering. My mom checked the outlet and it was hot to the touch. Shortly after calling 911 a fire truck pulled up in front of our house with their sirens blaring and lights flashing. We were all okay and the house was fine, so it turned out to be rather exciting. Abigail, Matthew and Josiah watched from a window while firemen went back and forth. The firemen were exactly the kind you hope come to the rescue; confident, calm and collected. They made the house safe and said not to worry about calling should we need them again.
The events were definitely a reminder to be thankful.