28 August 2010

Recovering from Surgery and MRSA

A sample of what God provided for recovery:

1. My dad who pays my bills. Thanks dad!!

2. A fairy maid. My fairy made brings mini muffins, tea and water to my bed along with pain medication and then prepares a bath with Epsom salts. While I am in the bath this fairy changes towels, sheets and pillowcases on my bed that may have come in contact with MRSA germs. She puts ointment on MRSA boils. She does lots of laundry, cooking and dishes. My puppy, bunnies and guinea are fed and watered by my fairy. I have the best fairy maid! My mom wishes she had one.

3. A friend, sister-in-law and mom who took me to doctor and IV appointments. Thanks Anna, Ellie and mom!

4. Family and friends who prayed for me, sent cards and emails, left comments on my blog, sent books, money and flowers and came to visit. Thank you everyone!


5. Liza, Brandy, Arkadiy, Dr. Hendricks and the staff at
Born Clinic.

6. Dr. Figg, my surgeon, who the nurses say is one of the best. I agree!

7. My friend Michelle brought me colloidal silver.

8. Miranda cleaned my room.

9. Soft and pretty homemade heating pad covers.


10. Dvds to watch: Twelfth Night, To Kill a Mockingbird and Doris Day movies. My favorite Doris Day movies- "It Happened to Jane" and "Send Me No Flowers." Note to self: It is painful to watch funny movies soon after surgery!

11. A puppy who is destructive when his mama doesn't pay attention to him. This provides a great incentive for getting better quickly!

5 comments:

ramona said...

Your fairy maid might be tired!

matt-n-ellie said...

glad you are feeling better!!!

akhershy said...

your list is incredible. :) I wish I had a fairy. Yours is truly the best. ;)

colleen said...

Fairies are a wonderful thing. I am sure yours will be there thru thick and thin. Keep getting stronger. :-)

Aunt Theresa said...

love this list! keep getting better. Love you!