12 August 2010

Home

Yesterday Dr. Figg called to check on me, so I asked if I could go home the next day. He said that he would be in to check on me in the morning, but would not promise anything. This morning Dr. Figg asked if I would like to stay a couple more days and I replied with a definite, "no." He said he had told the nurses that he wouldn't be able to keep me there another day. Every thing looked fine, so he allowed me to be discharged. My mom came to pick me up and we were out the hospital door by 9:30am. We stopped at the Farmer's Market located in the parking lot at Metro Hospital. When we got home mom made me a smoothie with the cantaloupe and blueberries she bought.

This afternoon Miranda and Noah came to visit with their mom. Noah told me he prayed for me. I told him thank you and that God answered our prayers. Dr. Figg said I am way ahead of schedule and am doing perfect.

I am resting for the next couple weeks and will be getting nutritional IV's in Grand Rapids.

I will be back to posting in September.


"Oh! there is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." ~Jane Austen

2 comments:

Carlye said...

It sounds like things went well, Sarah! I've been thinking of you. Keep getting better!

Tina said...

Sarah,
It is nice to hear that you are home ! You have been on all our hearts and minds. Were praying for a continued awesome recovery :)

Love
Bob, Tina and Sara