09 July 2010

2010 Reading

Gaudy Night
Dorothy L. Sayers

"Well, that's his risk, if he likes to take it. He doesn't seem to lack courage."


Unnatural Death
Dorothy L. Sayers

"But if he thought the woman was being murdered-"



The Documents in the Case
Dorothy L. Sayers

" He says I am just going through a 'difficult phase' at present, and that if only I can hold on and not let things get on top of me for the next year or two I shall come out of it quite all right."


Have His Carcase
Dorothy L. Sayers

"The best remedy for a bruised heart is not, as so many people seem to think, repose upon a manly bosom. Much more efficacious are honest work, physical activity, and the sudden acquisition of wealth."


The Princess Priscilla's Fortnight
Elizabeth von Arnim

"- well, as for Priscilla, I propose to describe her dreadful conduct."


Carry On, Mr. Bowditch
Jean Lee Latham
Recipient of the John Newberry Medal

Prince smiled. "No fool tries to sail in the teeth of the monsoon? Is that what you meant?"
"Well, yes," Hudson admitted. "I mean - the navigation. You'd have to have a man who could work lunars-"
Prince shrugged again. "What's so hard about lunars? Every man in my crew can work a lunar."
Hudson's face was blank.



1 comment:

Aunt Theresa said...

I love "Carry On, Mr. Bowditch." That was a great book!