17 April 2010

2010 Reading

Piccadilly Jim
by P.G. Wodehouse

(This book had me laughing the entire way through!)

"Mr. Pett did not read old books himself, but he liked to be among them, and it is proof of his pessimism that he had not tried the library first. To his depressed mind it had seemed hardly possible that there could be nobody there."


Whose Body?
by Dorothy L. Sayers

(great mystery!)

"Her Grace tells me that a respectable Battersea architect has discovered a dead man in his bath."
"Indeed, my lord? That's very gratifying."


The Story of The Treasure Seekers

by E. Nesbit

"I am afraid the last chapter was rather dull. It is always dull in books when people talk and talk, and don't do anything, but I was obliged to put it in, or else you wouldn't have understood all the rest."

No comments: