28 February 2010

Hand Lotion


Making your own hand lotion is simple, inexpensive and it has no chemicals or preservatives to soak into your skin. It takes three ingredients: olive oil, emulsifying wax and water. Emulsifying wax is available from mountainroseherbs.com and here is the link for the hand lotion recipe asonomagarden.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/how-to-make-handmade-handlotion-w-label-download/

Update: Vegetable Glycerin may be added for a more moisturizing lotion. Now that I have made several batches I like it best with 1/2 of the lowest recommend amount of glycerin. I use 1 Tablespoon glycerin to the 1/4 c oil, 1/4 c emulsifying wax and 1 1/4 cups water.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi Sarah!
This is Tina(Sara's mama) I have a bloggy friend who has just been diagnoised with celiac and I remembered you had a blog where you posted lots of recipes. I figured you would not mind if I share your blog with her. Also I must say I LOVE the wonderful hats you make Sara. They are so cute and I think I will make a post about your wonderful hats on my blog. Wow is that your puppy I see in one of your posts? He is LARGE! I would like to become a follower of your blog. Thanks for being the best babysitter EVER!
Blessings, Tina