31 August 2009

Sea Salt Chocolate Balls

Yesterday I returned from Traverse City where I was helping with childcare for an Air National Guard marriage retreat. The weekend before I stayed with my friends, the Augustine family. They live near Detroit, so I do not see them often, but always enjoy visiting. The Augustines took me to the air show at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base. It was an excellent airshow including the USAF Thunderbirds and my favorite the A-10 Thunderbolts.








Today was a little cool, so I made beef stew. After dinner I was hunting for dessert- chocolate in one form or another. My mom and I made these chocolate balls. They are good warm, but really good cold.


Sea Salt Chocolate Balls


1/2 pound dates, pitted, soaked in water for 15 minutes


1 cup ground macadamia nuts (grind in food processor or coffee grinder)


3TB macadamia nut butter


1/8 ts sea salt


1 cup melted chocolate chips


Puree dates in food processor then add macadamia nuts, nut butter and sea salt and process. Form into balls. Dip into chocolate and place on waxed paper. Top with sea salt to taste. Store in refrigerator or freezer.

The original recipe is Date-Hazelnut Balls dipped in Chocolate from the following blog: http://www.glutenfreeinthegreens.blogspot.com/

No comments: